Trail 16 Km
WELCOME TO ECOTRAIL STOCKHOLM 16 KM!
Our 16 km race is truly a race for everyone. Have you never ran that far before? Take on the challenge and adventure of running further than you've ever done on hidden roe deer trails, through lush oak forests and on tracks and trails. At the finish line in Galärparken on Djurgården island, you'll receive a beautiful medal as a token of your accomplishment followed by a tasty meal and finisher party together with thousands of other runners. Do you run 16 km regularly? We can still promise you a challenging course where many are surprised by it's variation and the many small single track trails, considering we're running "in the city".
Our 16 km course has got it all - archipelago, technical single track trails, country side, city, sights and several view points. The race starts at the amphiteater by Stora Skuggan at north Djurgården, part of the national states park founded in 1995. You start off by making your way on the trails in the oak forests and circle around Laduviken before you reach Fiskartorpet and the climb up the old ski-slope. Here frequent ski-jumping competitions were held during1920s and 30s. Close to 30000 in the audience was not uncommon. After a passage through the woods it opens up again before you pass Stockholms horse stadium where the competitions of the 1912 Stockholm Olympics were held. Onwards you pass the the passerar man development along Tessinparken on the upper parts of the på övre delarna av district of Östermalm before you enter the big open area of Ladugårdsgärdet, known to everyone as Gärdet. You are almost at the halfway mark and soon you will be able to drink and fill up on some energy as you reach the landmark Kaknästornet.
From there you soon enter a beautiful deciduous forest with narrow up-kept trails. When you have passed Hundudden you cross the bridge that runs over Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen. The trail follows the shore of Isbladskärret before it submerges into the lush deciduous forest which now mainly consists of majestic oak trees. At the well known and well-kept garden of Rosendal the trail merges into a park and walkway. You run passed the parameter of Skansen and Villa Gothem before you pass the tram and run towards Galärparken, next to the Vasamuseeum, where the royal ship from the 17th century is preserved for future generations. At the finish you are treated to an extraordinary view of the city center of Stockholm, framed by the beautiful Strömmen.
For course map and details, check out our interactive course map further down on this page.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- A unique finisher medal
- Several fully stocked aid stations with awesome volunteers
- Prize raffles
- Split times and live tracking throughout the race
- An international event with an inspiring course and a fun finisher party
- Finisher meals
- Guided test runs before the event
- Offers and discounts from our partners before and after the event
- A finisher gift (t-shirt or buff)
- Support from Sweden's and (probably) the world's best, happiest, most helpful, most hard-working, most cheering and most dedicated team of volunteers!
Everyone who makes it all the way to the finish line will be rewarded with a beautiful wooden medal which has the distance of your race engraved. The medal is handicrafted by Raw Cut Studios and the 2019 medal had the national heraldic symbol of Sweden, "The Three Crowns", as a colourful detail. "The Three Crowns" are also a symbol of Stockholm since they are a part of one of the city's most well-known silhouettes - the tower spire of Stockholm City Hall. The medal for 2021 will be revealed during winter 2020/2021.
The start for 16 km is at 12:00 and located by the amphi theater in Stora Skuggan nature reserve, a 10 min walk from metro stop Universitetet. Directions to Stora Skuggan >>
The finish is in Galärparken, next to the Vasa museum. It's a short walk to buses and trams which will take you to the city centre in less than 10 mins. Directions to Galärparken >>
- 8 km Kaknästornet
- 12 km Manillaskolan
- Start: 12:00 at Stora Skuggan
- Finish: Closes at 21:00 in Galärparken (9 h)
- Altitude gain: 450 m
- Course: Approx. 10% paved road, 20% gravel, 70% trail/track
- Aid stations: 2 + start/finish
- Max. participants: 500
Detailed race information and race day programme will be published here during spring 2020 and sent by e-mail to all runners two weeks before race day.
Last day to register is June 10th 2020, but sign up today at the lowest fee and secure your spot in the race!
495 SEK - 2020-11-30
595 SEK 2020-12-01 - 2021-02-28
695 SEK 2021-03-01 - 2021-04-30
795 SEK 2021-05-01 - 2021-06-09
- We only accept individual registrations which are done through our regsitration and timing partner Race.se
- Registration is finalized upon payment and cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Registration is only valid for the 2021 race and cannot be transferred to future editions or other EcoTrail races.
- A finalized and paid registration can be transferred to another runner up until May 31st 2021 upon paying an administrative fee of SEK 200. After May 31st, transfers of slots/bibs are not possible.
- Participation in EcoTrail Stockholm is at each runner's own risk and the organizers will not accept any liability and the registration fee does not include insurance.
- Beaker or cup for drinks at the aid stations
N.B. This is a cup-less race! There will be no cups at aid stations - you need to bring your own.