Trail 8 Km Fun Run
WELCOME TO ECOTRAIL STOCKHOLM 8 KM FUN RUN!
8 km Fun Run is for everyone who wants to jog or walk our beautiful and wild course WITHOUT timing and official results. The Fun Run has the same fun and inspiring course as the 8 km competetive category, but at a slower pace and completely without rush or competition among runners/walkers :) At the finish line at STora Skuggan, you'll receive a beautiful medal as a token of your accomplishment followed by a tasty meal and finisher party together with thousands of other runners. Would you like to run the course a bit faster and/or get an official time and result? Then you should instead sign up for our other 8 km race.
Our 8 km course is the most wild one, consisting mostly of small trails and tracks in the lush forests of Norra Djurgården. Even local runners are surprised by how many "new" and "unknown" wild trails and locations our 8 km course offers.
For the 2022 race we will update the course and the new course will have even more beautiful nature and single track trails compared to the course for the previous editions.
Full descriptions and maps for the 2022 courses will be published in Oct/Nov 2021.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- A unique finisher medal
- Several fully stocked aid stations with awesome volunteers
- Prize raffles
- Split times and live tracking throughout the race
- An international event with an inspiring course and a fun finisher party
- Finisher meals
- Guided test runs before the event
- Offers and discounts from our partners before and after the event
- A finisher gift (t-shirt or buff)
- Support from Sweden's and (probably) the world's best, happiest, most helpful, most hard-working, most cheering and most dedicated team of volunteers!
Everyone who makes it all the way to the finish line will be rewarded with a beautiful wooden medal which has the distance of your race engraved. The medal is handicrafted by Raw Cut Studios and has a theme related to Stockholm's nature, history and culture. The medal for 2022 will be revealed during winter 2021/2022. Read more about and view the medals from previous years >>
The start and finish for 8 km Fun Run km is located by the amphi theater in Stora Skuggan nature reserve, a 10 min walk from metro stop Universitetet. Directions to Stora Skuggan >>
- 4 km
- Start: 10:00 at Stora Skuggan
- Finish: Stora Skuggan
- Altitude gain: 200 m
- Course: Approx. 0,1% paved road, 15% gravel, 85% trail/track
- Aid stations: 1 + start/finish
- Max. participants: 300
Detailed race information and race day programme will be published here during spring 2022 and sent by e-mail to all runners two weeks before race day.
Last day to register is June 15th 2022, but sign up today at the lowest fee and secure your spot in the race!
295 SEK - 2022-01-09
395 SEK 2022-01-09 - 2022-02-28
495 SEK 2022-03-01 - 2022-06-15
- We only accept individual registrations which are done through our regsitration and timing partner RaceID.se For group registrations - contact us at email@example.com
- Registration is finalized upon payment and cannot be cancelled or refunded regardless of reason for not participating in the race.
- Registration is only valid for the upcoming race and cannot be transferred to future editions or other EcoTrail races.
- A finalized and paid registration can be transferred to another runner without any extra cost up until 2022-05-15. From 2022-05-16 to 2022-06-03 there is an administrative fee of SEK 200 for transfering the registration. After 2022-06-03, transfers of slots/bibs/registrations are not possible.
- The registration/bib is personal and it is not allowed to participate in the race with another person's bib/registration.
- If the race is cancelled due to circumstances not controlled by the organizer, regsitered runners can choose between a transfer/deferal of the registration to next edition of the race OR receive a 50% refund of the registration fee paid.
- Participation in EcoTrail Stockholm is at each runner's own risk and the organizers will not accept any liability and the registration fee does not include insurance.
- Beaker or cup for drinks at the aid stations
N.B. This is a cup-less race! There will be no cups at aid stations - you need to bring your own.