Trail 8 Km Fun Run
WELCOME TO ECOTRAIL STOCKHOLM 8 KM FUN RUN!
8 km Fun Run is for everyone who wants to jog or walk our beautiful and wild course WITHOUT timing and official results. The Fun Run has the same fun and inspiring course as the 8 km competetive category, but at a slower pace and completely without rush or competition among runners/walkers :) At the finish line at Stora Skuggan, you'll receive a beautiful medal as a token of your accomplishment followed by a tasty meal and finisher party together with thousands of other runners. Would you like to run the course a bit faster and/or get an official time and result? Then you should instead sign up for our other 8 km race.
Our 8 km course is the most wild one, consisting mostly of small trails and tracks in the lush forests of Norra Djurgården. Even local runners are surprised by how many "new" and "unknown" wild trails and locations our 8 km course offers.
For the 2022 race we updated the course and the new course offers even more beautiful nature and single track trails compared to the course for the previous editions.
Below you can find an interactive course map with km marks, aid stations and points of interest along the route. Having trouble viewing the map? Click here to open it in Google Maps >>
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- A unique finisher medal
- Several fully stocked aid stations with awesome volunteers
- Prize raffles
- Split times and live tracking throughout the race
- An international event with an inspiring course and a fun finisher party
- Finisher meals
- Guided test runs before the event
- Offers and discounts from our partners before and after the event
- A finisher buff
- Support from Sweden's and (probably) the world's best, happiest, most helpful, most hard-working, most cheering and most dedicated team of volunteers!
Everyone who makes it all the way to the finish line will be rewarded with a beautiful wooden medal which has the distance of your race engraved. The medal is handicrafted by Raw Cut Studios and has a theme related to Stockholm's nature, history and culture. The 2024 medal design is inspired by the very old oak forests on Norra Djurgården where our race takes place. Norra and Södra Djurgården is home to one of Northern Europe's largest forests of old oak trees, some of them are almost 500 years old. These majestic trees, mostly planted during the 17th and 18th century, are symbols of longevity, strength and history. In the 2024 medal design, the oak tree's powerful presence is reflected and connected to the lush and beautiful nature surrounding the race courses on Norra Djurgården. Read more about and view the medals from previous years >>
The start and finish for 8 km Fun Run km is located by the amphi theater in Stora Skuggan nature reserve, a 10 min walk from metro stop Universitetet. Directions to Stora Skuggan >>
- 4 km
- Start: 9.30 at Stora Skuggan
- Finish: Stora Skuggan
- Altitude gain: 200 m
- Course: Approx. 0,1% paved road, 15% gravel, 85% trail/track
- Aid stations: 1 + start/finish
- Max. participants: 300
Detailed race information and race day programme will be published here during spring 2024 and sent by e-mail to all runners two weeks before race day.
Last day to register is June 13th 2024, but sign up today at the lowest fee and secure your spot in the race!
395 SEK – 2024-03-31
495 SEK 2024-04-01 - 2024-05-19
595 SEK 2024-05-20 - 2024-06-13
- We only accept individual registrations which are done through our regsitration and timing partner RaceID.se For group registrations - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is finalized upon payment and cannot be cancelled or refunded regardless of reason for not participating in the race.
- Registration is only valid for the upcoming race and cannot be transferred or deferred to future editions of EcoTrail Stockholm or to other EcoTrail races.
- A finalized and paid registration can be transferred to another runner without any extra cost up until 2024-05-19. From 2024-05-20 to 2024-06-02 there is an administrative fee of SEK 200 for transfering the registration. After 2024-06-02, transfers of slots/bibs/registrations are not possible.
- The registration/bib is personal and it is not allowed to participate in the race with another person's bib/registration.
- If the race is cancelled due to circumstances not controlled by the organizer, regsitered runners can choose between a transfer/deferal of the registration to next edition of the race OR receive a 50% refund of the registration fee paid.
- Participation in EcoTrail Stockholm is at each runner's own risk and the organizers will not accept any liability and the registration fee does not include insurance.
- When registering at RaceID, you can choose to add refund protection with Refund Protect for an additional 10% of the registration fee. Please note that the refund protection is sold and handled by Refund Protect. EcoTrail Stockholm does NOT handle any damage claims or refunds. You can find the full terms & conditions for the refund protection here >>
- Beaker or cup for drinks at the aid stations
N.B. This is a cup-less race! There will be no cups at aid stations - you need to bring your own.