Trail 8 Km Fun Run (NEW!)
WELCOME TO ECOTRAIL STOCKHOLM 8 KM FUN RUN!
8 km Fun Run is for everyone who wants to jog or walk our beautiful and wild course WITHOUT timing and official results. The Fun Run has the same fun and inspiring course as the 8 km competetive category, but at a slower pace and completely without rush or competition among runners/walkers :) At the finish line in Galärparken on Djurgården island, you'll receive a beautiful medal as a token of your accomplishment followed by a tasty meal and finisher party together with thousands of other runners. Would you like to run the course a bit faster and/or get an official time and result? Then you should instead sign up for our other 8 km race.
Our 8 km course is the most wild one, consisting mostly of small trails and tracks in the lush forests of Kaknäs, Hundudden and Djurgården. Even local runners are surprised by how many "new" and "unknown" wild trails and locations our 8 km course offers. The race starts at Ladugårdsgärdet and the landmark Kaknästornet. The tower was built 1967 and is one of Stockholms highest buildings. Almost at the top of the tower is a restaurant and a café with a miles wide view over Stockholm. But this has to wait until after the finish. Soon after the start you enter a beautiful deciduous forest with narrow up-kept trails.
When you have passed Hundudden you cross the bridge that runs over Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen. The trail follows the shore of Isbladskärret before it submerges into the lush deciduous forest which now mainly consists of majestic oak trees. At the well known and well-kept garden of Rosendal the trail merges into a park and walkway. You run passed the parameter of Skansen and Villa Gothem before you pass the tram and run towards Galärparken, next to the Vasamuseeum, where the royal ship from the 17th century is preserved for future generations. At the finish you are treated with an extraordinary view of the city center of Stockholm, framed by the beautiful Strömmen!
For course map and details, check out our interactive course map further down on this page.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- A unique finisher medal
- Several fully stocked aid stations with awesome volunteers
- Prize raffles
- An international event with an inspiring course and a fun finisher party
- Finisher meals
- Guided test runs before the event
- Offers and discounts from our partners before and after the event
- A finisher gift (t-shirt or buff)
- Support from Sweden's and (probably) the world's best, happiest, most helpful, most hard-working, most cheering and most dedicated team of volunteers!
Our beautiful and popular medal made in wood is crafted by RawCutStudio >> and the 2019 design will be revealed during autumn 2018.
The start for 8 km is at 11:00 and located in Kaknäsparken, next to Kaknästornet which is just a short bus ride from the city centre. Directions to Kaknäsparken >>
The finish is in Galärparken, next to the Vasa museum. It's a short walk to buses and trams which will take you to the city centre in less than 10 mins. Directions to Galärparken >>
- 4 km Manillaskolan
- Start: 10:00 in Kaknäsparken
- Finish: Galärparken on Djurgården island
- Course: Approx. 0,1% paved road, 15% gravel, 85% trail/track
- Aid stations: 1 + start/finish
- Max. participants: 300
Detailed race information and race day programme will be published here during spring 2019 and sent by e-mail to all runners two weeks before race day.
Last day to register is June 12th 2019, but sign up today at the lowest fee and secure your spot in the race!
295 SEK - 2018-11-30
395 SEK 2018-11-30 - 2019-02-28
495 SEK 2019-03-01 - 2019-06-12
- We only accept individual registrations which are done through our regsitration and timing partner Race.se
- Registration is finalized upon payment and cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Registration is only valid for the 2019 race and cannot be transferred to future editions or other EcoTrail races.
- A finalized and paid registration can be transferred to another runner up until May 31st 2019 upon paying an administrative fee of SEK 200. After May 31st, transfers of slots/bibs are not possible.
- Participation in EcoTrail Stockholm is at each runner's own risk and the organizers will not accept any liability and the registration fee does not include insurance.
- Beaker or cup for drinks at the aid stations
N.B. This is a cup-less race! There will be no cups at aid stations - you need to bring your own.